Safety comes first at Challenger Geomatics! We consider the well-being of our team members, clients, partners, friends, and the general public to be of the utmost importance.
Safety is paramount to us – it is one of our core values that we share with our clients, partners and friends. In this spirit, we want you to know that we are taking the following steps in response to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic:
- Challenger’s Leadership Team is actively monitoring the situation and its potential effects on our employees, operations and projects. Our team is meeting daily to review official government guidance and other new developments, and enacting additional safety measures, risk mitigation strategies, and other appropriate actions in response.
- Our Health and Safety Group is continually monitoring new information and guidance from Health Canada, the federal, provincial and territorial governments, the World Health Organization, and other official sources.
- We’re continuing to stay in touch with our clients to quickly respond to safety issues or new requirements on their projects as they arise.
- We’ve asked any employee not feeling well, or exhibiting any cold/flu symptoms whatsoever, to stay at home and contact their local health authority for further guidance.
- We’ve directed employees who have traveled outside of Canada for business or personal reasons, have had family members who have done so, and/or who have been in proximity to anyone suspected or confirmed of having the virus are being instructed to self-isolate at home for a minimum of 14 days.
- Our branch offices have restricted access to employees, and during this period restricted access to clients will be allowed provided proper recommended protocols are adhered to. Plans are also in the works to comply with restrictions and/or shut-downs of any project sites, camps and other accommodations as required.
- We’ve arranged for as many employees as possible to work from home. For employees where this is not possible due to the nature or location of their work, we’ve implemented additional safety measures such as increased workplace spacing, alternatives for face-to-face conversations such as Skype chats and teleconferences, elimination and/or more frequent disinfection of contact hot spots, deferral of non-essential work, etc.
- We've implemented and reinforced practices with our employees on the effective, preventative measures that they must take: regular and thorough hand-washing, hand-sanitizing, social distancing, cough etiquette, etc.
- We’ve cancelled all international and domestic business travel not essential to the execution of a project. Travel essential to project work is being continuously monitored on a case-by-case basis as to the need, transportation method, safety of the destination, and other relevant risk considerations before being granted approval.
We’re communicating with our suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure they are also complying with preventative measures similar to those mentioned above.
This is a dynamic, rapidly-evolving crisis, and Challenger pledges to continue to monitor the situation and adapt our response in accordance with the latest direction and guidance from government and other reliable sources.
While we have activated our business continuity plan, Challenger’s team continues to be available to our clients and partners via email, telephone, and for virtual meetings.
Our Leadership Team will continue to meet daily to respond to emerging challenges to our business.
Challenger commits that:
- We will continue to serve our clients and their projects to best of our ability while respecting the safety principles and concerns set out above.
- We will continue to discuss specific project challenges with our clients on a regular basis.
- We will continue to respond to requests for quote/proposal for your projects, and accept new work as long as we can execute that work safely and responsibly.
- We will continue to monitor our supply chain and create contingency plans to ensure that we have access to the necessary tools and materials for our projects.
- We will adjust our operations regionally as required, based on local guidelines and recommendations.
- We will be a leader in our response to this crisis, and strongly support all initiatives to protect the health and safety of our employees and the communities in which we work and live.
If you have questions or concerns about a current or planned project with us, please discuss it with your project manager, or email us at email@example.com to discuss further.
Do you, as a client or partner of ours, have COVID-19 related policies or directives you'd like to share with us? If so, please forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll ensure that we address them appropriately.